1. I could be a man in front of him — together we watch UFC, golf, volleyball, basketball (Go, Steph Curry, go!) or whatever sports (except baseball, I can’t stand it) is on television.
2. I like what he likes, he likes what I like — he’s a Kenny G, Phil Collins, The Eagles fan and I became one too. I like Zac Efron, and he’s up for a Zac Efron movie marathon too. AND, he approves my obsession over that beautiful man. Not weird at all.
3. Food — we’re both best friends and enemies when it comes to food. Sometimes he would randomly ask me out for a lunch, or a tea, (don’t tell this to mom, it’s a secret) and most of the time we would fight over the last slice of pizza.
4. He supports my career (except that one time we argued about my college course) — he attends theater productions I’m in. Always.
5. Food 2.0 — he always has something for me when he comes home: food.
6. He’s my teacher — he’s taught me to ride a bike, swim (floating, cause I learned to paddle feet and arms myself), and play the flute. And now I’m asking him to teach me to drive.
7. Driving — speaking of driving, he’s my personal driver. My ride from home to school, to and fro, courtesy of him. At least before he started his new job two months ago. I now commute on the average of four hours a day just to get to school. But still, he comes rescuing whenever I’m in an emergency.
8. Music — I’m his go-to music downloader. Sometimes he would suddenly stick an earphone in to my face asking me to listen to the song and download it. Your request is my command!
9. He listens — he listens.