We were each other’s poison
a love so incomprehensible
it struck us like a venom,
You had to get your way out of death
while I cling to it—
cradled like a child in its dying breath.
I just cannot seem to, every time I try to write and find the words to articulate the extent of my love for him, and how painful it was to let him go.
But then somehow I came to realize, these feelings need not words and need not explaining after all, for I know that no matter what—we may drift far from each other as time unfolds—he will always occupy a special place in my heart, and my soul will never forget how it was to be touched by his love that was once so joyful and pure.
And that sure is enough, more than any words could do.
This is me, finally forgiving and freeing myself from the chains of any memory and heartache that may hold me back from healing and moving forward every day, and to hoping that I will find peace and comfort in my own journey.
I listed a few things I learned from 2017 to welcome the year 2018.I hope to bear these learnings with me throughout, and that somehow it shines upon others too.
I listed a few things (well, 18 things) I learned from 2017 to welcome the year 2018. These come first-hand, as I had been through pretty rough road in the past year. Can’t say it’s totally over, but hey, I’m still here, waking up everyday, doing what I have to. I hope to bear these learnings with me throughout, and that somehow it shines upon others too. Here goes…
- Change is never easy. Just learn to catch up on it and the way is never lost.
- Hope can be a dangerous thing. But it can also save one person from drowning. Hold on to it as long as it motivates you achieve things—from the simplest goals to your biggest dreams.
- Love doesn’t always come in the form of sweet words, flowers and chocolates. It prevails mostly when the relationship and each individual hit the bottom rock; when they give comfort, support, and choose to stay with each other figuring things out together like a team, no matter how shitty things could get.
- Depression is real. But so is faith.
- There will be times, days, weeks, or even months, when we feel like the universe conspire to make our lives the worst case possible. But one thing it teaches us is that there will always be a tomorrow, allowing us to heal, move on and make the situation better.
- When you find that you can no longer help yourself, seek one from a friend, a family member, or from anyone. Facing things on your own may teach you to become independent, but it doesn’t hurt to put your guards and pride down at some point, allowing outside perspective in. No man is an island.
- When we fuck up, allow ourselves to think or maybe even brood about the bad decisions we made. Never be afraid to offer apologies to the ones we have wronged or crossed with. Push ourselves to do better the next time we get the chance to make up for the mistake. Then get over it.
- Doesn’t it feel good when someone makes us happy? But happiness is still and will always be the best when it comes from ourselves.
- What we give, doesn’t always come trotting back to us. It doesn’t work that way, nor it ever will. Some of the efforts or sacrifices are possibly meant to be left suspended in the air, and some thrown out in the void without us being sure whether or not it’s been received at all. Reciprocation isn’t for the daily; at least not the way we stubbornly expected it to be.
- A simple smile can go a long way.
- Shed light to those in the dark as much as you can. Not because you expect them to do the same for you when you’re in the situation, but just because. Man it feels good.
- When you love someone, say it. Make them feel that way. There’s no shame in it. Seize the moment, water and grow your feelings. Life is short. Waiting for the “right time” is bullshit. Who knows? They—or you—might be completely gone by tomorrow.
- Nobody is perfect. But we can always be the better version of ourselves today from yesterday.
- Don’t bottle up emotions. When you’re happy, be free to laugh and act silly. When sad, give yourself a little time to cope, but do not get stuck in it. When angry, pause, breathe and think. Act upon your emotions, but don’t get so hung up on it.
- There’s always a rainbow after the rain. The sun will come shining after the storm. Cliches, but fuck yes.
- Always see the good in everything. If you can’t, perhaps there’s something to be learned from it instead. If not, just appreciate and never take life’s simplest pleasures and privilege for granted.
- People don’t come with a neon sign telling us to be cautiously gentle on them because they are going through tough times. Each person we encounter day by day are fighting battles of their own. Learn to be more patient and forgiving.
- LIFE is a CHOICE.
I may not be the sunflower that brightens your day,
but darling I pray to be the moon—luminating your night sky.
Tonight I will sleep with the thought
that the moon hung low,
swell enough to illuminate
the dimmed sidewalk
we were strolling through;
a busy street
of a sunday eve,
laughing as we lost track.
Strangers brush past us—
oblivious of the blossom
the cocoon of our entwined hands.
And for a single moment
you allowed me to drink in the moonlight—
with your eyes
sharing the same glow as I,
which was nothing I’d ever seen before;
nothing compared to what I had.
I’ll cherish each moment we could never have, and the us that we’d never be.
So long as we exist; so long as you do in my heart.
-d.rose / 2.19.17
We may be different worlds apart defining art. Just let it be. Art is gaining freedom, as well as giving it to someone. Appreciate and motivate. Art is never discouraging aspirants. Stop monopolizing Art.